Monday, June 14, 2010

Ya. It's Me. I'm Back.


Blah. Yup, that pretty much describes how I've felt for the 9 or so months since I have posted on this page... All my 16 followers (4 at least) have been BEGGING for me to come back, so here I am. Nice opener, huh? I wish I even knew where to begin...

Life has a way of just being around you if you don't live it. I feel like I have literally floated through the last many months and that I haven't got much to show for it all. This blog has been taunting me the whole time. It has said things like, "Say something witty, why don't cha?" or "You aren't a writer! You are a chick who got lucky. You are a one hit wonder." Well, I'm back. This time it isn't to share me with you a much as it's to maintain a certain level of sanity. To begin, at least to put myself in the proper frame of mind, I will try to compile a list of all the good things that have happened over the last 9 months so I can be the glass-half-full girl I like to think I am.

Good Things

1. Went to NYC to see Expressing Motherhood.

2. Began substitute teaching again.

3. My daughter turned 8. Wow.

4. Celebrated my 9th year of being married to my wonderful husband.

5. Thanksgiving.

6. My baby boy turned 5. Wow again.

7. Christmas.

8. My friend Melanie and I were chosen to perform in Expressing Motherhood in Boston this fall.

9. Substituted for a month. Have to admit; I loved the extra money...

10. Watched my baby finish preschool. sniff.

So there you have it. That is my feeble attempt to focus on the positive! For those of you who don't know me I am a worrier. I am anxious. My mind is constantly reeling with what might go wrong and what bad things could happen to me or my family. Some may call this "crazy" behavior, but I believe all that worrying can contribute to my creativeness if honed in the right direction.
Thank you to those who continue to push me, even when I push back, because I need that. I hope I can provide you with some interesting stories and thoughts that might help you through your days and help you to feel just a little bit better about you! Mwah!
P.S. Do you like my new picture?

1 comment:

  1. Love the post! I gave you an award for your blog. Come grab it from my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete