Sunday, August 9, 2009

Hold On, I'm Comin'

I have officially been in California for 17 days. The time has flown by. Really. It seems as though I just arrived and this whole experience has been a whirlwind. It has gone by so fast that I forgot how much I missed my husband. That is, until he arrived the other day. I could not believe how happy seeing his face made me. How I knew, in the instant I saw him walk through the doors at the airport, that God created him and I for one another. This man, who I take for granted on a daily basis, came here to support me and everything I had stuffed down deep to make it through the last couple weeks came rushing at me. He admitted worry as we began catching up. He admitted being afraid that I didn't miss him and the kids. That I did not want to come home from this fantasy land. I fessed up that I have enjoyed this "me-time." I have not - for 8 years - done anything even remotely close to this. I told him that I loved being part of the show and that it fulfilled me in a way that mothering can't. I also admitted that this time away confirmed even more to me why I am married to him and why I love him with all of my soul and all of my being. After all, this is the man who loved me through my crazy time. This is the man who tells me how beautiful I am all the time. The man who loves my ass, no matter how big or small it has gotten over the years. This is the man who is truly my best friend. The one who gets me; possibly more than I get myself most days. I realized during my time here I have tried so hard to focus on why I was here and just prayed to stay focused on that. In that process I tried not to think too much about home - and now I can only think of home. I counted down 12 weeks until I arrived here. Now I am counting down 3 days until I am in Toledo, having a camp out in the living room with my best friend and my babies. I will lie there THANKING GOD that He blessed me with way more than I deserve, and I will sleep. Peacefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment