Monday, August 3, 2009

Living the Dream

A few months back a friend from high school asked if I could do any job in the world, what would it be? My answer? Acting. It was as simple as that. I had no idea then that I would now be doing just that. This weekend I lived that dream. The dream I have had since high school, but never felt like I could attain. All day Saturday I was just sick. My stomach was in knots and I couldn't really eat. I had a terrible rehearsal a couple nights before and that set the tone for me. I just knew I would go out and make a fool of myself. I knew that these other women were way more talented than myself. They were funny! I felt that my story was a downer, really. I prayed all day. More than I have prayed for anything in a long time. Friends and family sent texts and encouraged me all day. My husband topped them all though by constantly reminding me that I was here, in this place at this time, for a reason. He told me that I would touch someone who felt alone in their personal struggles after having a baby. He told me how proud he was that I am his wife. One of my cast mates whose husband is an actor told her his advice was to pray right before you go on and that is just what I did. When I walked on the stage I felt good. Like I was meant to be there. Like I DID have a story to share that was real and relevant and would touch lives. It was wonderful and the energy of opening night was indescribable. The more time I spend with these other women (and one very funny man!) who have been brought together to share their own lives with the world - or a least a small part of it - I see that we are creating our own story. We are backstage opening ourselves to one another. We are talking about good times and bad times. We are talking about being mothers, wives, and daughters. This whole experience has exceeded what I could have hoped for. Now, I just have to keep it going after I leave...

1 comment:

  1. I am so incredibly proud of you and what great support from Dan!

    ReplyDelete