Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Milestones

This morning a beautiful thing happened. I woke up late. Quite late. In fact, it was so late I woke up worried because my kids hadn't eaten their breakfast yet and I was sure they were just wasting away somewhere crying that since their mommy came back from California she just doesn't love them anymore... I came downstairs anticipating the crying and sadness and STARVATION. My youngest came into the kitchen, squeezed me around my hips and just smiled up at me. He wasn't wasting away-thank GOD. Then I told him I was going to make pancakes and sausage for breakfast and he says, "Mommy, we already ate breakfast!" I'm am sure my face was sheer confusion, so he went on to tell me that he and his sister were hungry so they got breakfast all by themselves that way I didn't have to wake up! Do you know how long a mother waits for this day? I love all the milestones - walking, talking, sleeping through the night. This one though, THIS ONE takes the cake! The best start to a day ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment