Thursday, July 30, 2009

G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S

Yesterday culminated with a most amazing journey. Jess and I spiffed up, showed a little cleavage, and took the drive down to Hollywood. We had reservations at Katsuya. To the mere person this means nothing. Sounds like a regular old sushi joint, right? Ummm....NO! Katsuya was way more than that. We couldn't take the minivan - very unhip. Jess stole the keys to her husband's Audi and off we went. When you go to Katsuya you don't park your own vehicle. I think it may even be a mortal sin to do so, therefore valet was the best option. Paparazzi swirled outside of the front doors; watching each car that drove up intently. When I exited the passenger side they appeared so very disappointed. I still stood with my head tall and proud and ACTED as thought I was the shit and that they better recognize. We entered the restaurant and went to the bar as we were waiting on some friends. We ordered a couple beers and I surveyed the room. In all my life I have never been in a place like that. Never. I don't know for a fact there that everyone there was rich or important, but they all sure acted like it! Katsuya itself is a beautiful place with tons of cool art and tables surrounding a massive sushi bar in the middle. It is THE place for people watching and the food was, dare I say, orgasmic. Jess's friends were wonderful and lots of fun. We didn't see anyone I recognized, but I still had a great time. At first I really felt like I stuck out. Like people knew I didn't fit in. I am not stick-thin. My clothes are simple and not very expensive. As the evening went on I didn't care. I know I am somebody. I know that I am here to be part of something so cool. WAY COOLER than Heidi and Spencer or Kim Kardashian. I know that I will relish in the fact that I do stick out here and that is a good thing.

2 comments:

  1. K, You are way cooler than any of those "stars"! I would rather hang out with you anyday of the week, sista. You are the truest of any star.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But wait..aren't you being interviewed by E! ???
    Stick THAT one out, baby!

    ReplyDelete