Thursday, July 2, 2009

Slackin'




It has been longer than I care to admit since my last post. I could make excuses as to why I have left you hanging out there to dry - all nine followers of mine. For the last seven days I have been consumed first by my 15 year high school reunion. Oh my. That just sounds crazy. Worse though is how crazy I was preparing for the event. I needed to look GOOD. That is tougher than I thought considering I have gained 30 pounds since 1994 and I believe it's all in my ass... It wasn't like there was anyone in particular to look good for, but it is just the principle of the thing. It ended up being a blast and except for a few people - annoying - that were actually skinnier, we all had packed on a few pounds. Looking forward to the 20th. Following the reunion I have been consumed by feelings of frustration brought on by my dear husband. We have been together 15 years but believe it or not we still get on each other's nerves. I find that when we haven't had much time together the worse we are to one another. It sounds nuts, I know! There are all kinds of stresses right now contributing to the tension between us, but how can I look beyond that and just love him? I want to ignore those little stressful moments that mean nothing in the grand scheme of things. I want him to know that I only want him. I have seen the green grass on the other side and although it may be nice for a bit it still gets smashed down and you feel the ground... I will stay on the grass I chose...

15 years since graduation and 15 years since I met the man I married. So much has changed. I have grown and morphed into a woman, a wife, a MOTHER. I have experienced loss, success, love, hate, pain, guilt, pleasure. God-willing I am only half way (maybe less!) through this life and I cannot even imagine what the next 32 years will hold for me. Looking back as I have over the last week has made me grateful for what I have and lucky for the things I have gone through. Hard? Yes. But totally worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post! Ha! I almost put "awesome pot"...pot...I'm so dumb...

    ReplyDelete