Sunday, July 26, 2009

Love Recalled

I don't even know where to begin... I love California. Did you get that??? I LOVE CALIFORNIA. Before I got here for the fourth time in my life I knew I liked it, but like is such an unsderstatement now. It would feel complete if my man and babies were along, but nonetheless it is so amazing here. Totally different from the Midwest. Different attitudes, different climate - actual and social. I haven't felt this free in so long I forgot what it feels like to be free. I love the sun. I love the palm trees. I love the ocean. I love different cultures. I love that I can be whoever I want to here in California...

I found this store called Nordstrom Rack. I have heard of Nordstrom, but not with the Rack following it. Let me tell you, I really thought I had died and gone to fashion heaven. Great clothes, great shoes all for a fraction of the price of regular retail! Wow. My best deal were my two pairs of designer shoes. Boots by Michael Kors that were $415 and I paid $50. Then my Coach sandals that were originally around $300 that I got for $37!!!! It was wonderful. In the total of 2 1/2 days in San Diego I was there - TWICE.

Then last night topped off everything else that had happened up until that point - even the shoes. My cousins that I was staying with had set up with some friends of theirs to celebrate all the Leo birthdays, which includes mine! There was a Hummer limo, liquor galore, a planned music play list, and a dancing at the hottest clubs in San Diego! It was one of the most fun evenings I have had - possibly in my entire life. There were 16 of us two-thirds gay, the rest straight. The group of people that I spent my evening with were some of the most amazing and interesting I have ever encountered! I love to hear the stories of people; what shaped them. Where they have come from or where they have been. I heard so many of those last night and it warmed my heart. Some people are so strong and have guts like you wouldn't believe. Some people live lives that others may not approve of, but they are true to who they are regardless. Some people are the company I kept last night. Most days I live in a bubble. I do my thing and so often lose sight of the world around me. Last night I was reintroduced to the world and made some fabulous new friends. I was reminded of things I already believed to be true, but hadn't really thought about in a while. Thanks to Aaron (aka The Beautiful Geisha with many Memoirs), Daniel, Jordan, Juan (aka North Star, aka Jean Paul), Steve, Sean, Kris, Collin, Anna, Chad, Amy, Heather, Todd, Jay, Todd, and Calvin for reminding me what life is really about.

1 comment: