Monday, July 27, 2009

Worry Schmurray

Got to L.A. I am staying with my friend Jessica from high school who also happens to be a producer for "Expressing Motherhood." We had dinner shortly after my arrival and then we began preparing for bedtime. During the whole preparing process, she pulled out the hideaway bed and accidentally hit her two year old son right in the head. Blood, screaming, and a visit to the E.R. really got the visit off to an interesting start! Jessica's son is fine, but I must say that it made me feel a whole lot more normal knowing I am not the only mom who's kid needs stitches every now and then!

Sort of sad today. The fun of Saturday has finally worn off and I am back to "normal" life. Missing my husband and the kids. Needing sleep, but refusing to stop moving and rest. If I stop, I think. I worry. I STEW. What you may ask do I have to stew about? I am in one of the most beautiful parts of the country, with great people, with an amazing adventure that is continuing as I write. That is the problem. There is nothing. My problem is I worry, I over-analyze, and in the process I drive myself crazy. I was in counseling for a couple years and I logically know that I can change my thoughts. I have the power to do that. For whatever reason though the last two days my thoughts and worries and guilt have consumed me. Tomorrow will be better. It has to be!

3 comments:

  1. Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Above all else, know the joy of just being yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kendra..i didnt know you had a blog...I am what I like to call a "blog-a-halic" reader.. you have a new follower :) Katie Ryan

    ReplyDelete